“Oh, I can’t touch my toes!”
“I don’t have time to meditate.”
“My mind races when I close my eyes--I can't meditate”
After 13 years of teaching yoga in studios and companies, I started the Breathe with Sudha Youtube channel to break out of the trap of modern yoga culture with all its misconceptions and exclusivity. I wished for these teachings which had transformed my life to reach more people everywhere in a way that could be easily incorporated into daily life. To do so, I focused on what is the essence of Yoga for me--Awareness and Breath--and created videos with the intention for us to pause and take one deep breath together.
I then created a video series called Mind-Body Connection which addressed topics such as:
- How does the breath affect the body and mind and how can we harness its immense potential?
- How can we do the things we are already doing like sitting, standing and walking with more awareness and ease?
- Why is the spine so important in Yoga and how can we easily maintain its health?
- What are some of the basic principles of yoga that I can directly apply in my life?
- What are some examples of the mind-body connection in yoga postures?
You can find more playlists on the channel to understand how yoga teachings can be applied to help us in our daily lives:
Master your Emotions, Cultivate Deeper Relationships, Think and live with your Heart,
Find Comfort in Discomfort, Return to Nature your True Nature, Heighten Your Senses, etc.
As I have learnt and grown in the process, the videos have expanded in scope and length. But the essence remains the same—slow down to connect to our breath and act in this world from that place of deep connection to ourselves.
I look forward to sharing with you very soon on this page some Guided Meditations to help us connect to our breath, our innate wisdom and the grace of life.
Thank you for being with me on this journey and please write to me for any specific questions or requests that you may have. I will do my best to address them in upcoming videos and guided meditations.